Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Republicans Hailed Medicare Part D negotiation Bill Vote A Victory For Seniors

Senate Republicans blocked the Medicare Part D negotiation bill that would allow the government to negotiate drug prices for the Medicare prescription drug benefit and they called it a victory for the Seniors.

The bill would have allowed the Secretary of Health and Human Services to make deals with the pharmaceutical industry.

Our Congress had already passed a stronger version, which would have made negotiations mandatory.

President Bush said that he would veto either version of the bill if they came to him.

Just who is this a victory for and why?

4 comments:

FunkyTown Fighter said...

This is a victory for Bush&Co. see let me tell you a little secret, by killing people in Iraq they gain access to oil so they can become richer. Now, by doing this shit they can keep people sicker, and make a profit while doing so! You see it's not about "progress" it's about how much money they can stuff into their greedy fat pockets. ITMFA!!!!

LET'S TALK said...

You make a good point funkytown fighter... I'm placing you on my Blog link.

tom harper wrote a good post on the very thing you talk about now.

Tom Harper said...

Yes, this bill was a victory for seniors, according to BushSpeak logic. And according to that same mindset, the Clear Skies Initiative is cracking down on air pollution and the Healthy Forests Initiative is protecting our national parks and forests.

Who Hijacked Our Country

FunkyTown Fighter said...

Thanks let's talk! I am having some problems with adding people to my blog but as soon as I get it fixed you are DEFINATELY going on my blog list! Keep up the good work!
I'm on my way to check out Tom!

P.S. I just posted something new if you want to check it out!