Tuesday, August 08, 2006

172nd Stryker Brigade, "How come we are just being told"



click photo




The Alaska-based 172nd Stryker Brigade based in the Mosul area of Iraq were told that instead of going home after a year they would stay in Iraq for four more months.

The response from the troops were, "How come you're just now telling us?"

The commander of the U.S. forces in Iraq requested to extend their deployment and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld approved it.

I thought we were going to cut back on the troops in Iraq this year?

Is this right to do to a brigade after spending a year in Iraq, just to increased the brigades from 15 to 16?

Just last thursday a soldier from the 172nd from Maine was killed in the town of Bayji.

I can't understand this, what say you America?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That must be demoralizing! When I saw that on the news, all I could think of was "how many will be injured or killed?" What next?

LET'S TALK said...

Another four months for the ones who are not killed. I started to post the video with the actual men being told about the extended stay, but decide to go with an activist video. I hope you checked it out.